- Why Does France Want a Separate Military Alliance with the UK despite NATO?
- US-China Dispute Intensifies; Beijing Deploys Missiles at the South China Sea
India has announced a wide range of initiatives for strategically located Seychelles. To bolster India-Seychelles diplomatic ties, India will grant a USD 100 million Line of Credit to Seychelles. This credit will be granted for the purchase of defence mechanisms and hardware.
Indian Military Base in Seychelles
Narendra Modi in his address post the bilateral meet said that the two nations have agreed to work for the welfare of each other on the project of Assumption island. This defence and security cooperation with Seychelles will be of great significance to India given the strategic location of Seychelles.
It was only last week that the National Assembly of Seychelles denied building the naval base that India planned to set up. Seychelles said that they would build their defence facilities by themselves. India has been keen to have a naval base at the Assumption Island to have a better command in the Western Indian Ocean.
After the meeting, Seychelles President said that both the nations will remain indulged in negotiations. He further added that both Seychelles and India will continue to work together keeping each other’s interests in mind. Now it remains to be seen as to how can this strategic partnership be carried forward without the ratification of the parliament of Seychelles. India however strongly maintained that it aspires to take its security and strategic collaboration with Seychelles forward.
Fancy Indian Gift for Seychelles
More News at EurAsian Times
- Indian Military Base in Sabang can Strangle China at the Strait of Malacca
- Why is Japan Unhappy with Bullet Train Project in India?
- Is Saudi-UAE Alliance Working to Weaken the Gulf Cooperation Council?
- From Asia to Africa, India-Japan Defence Partnership Aggressively Countering China
- Oman-UAE Relations Deteriorate; Muscat Warns Against Testing Patience