The US is committed to making peace between Palestine and Israel. This was announced on Thursday in Cairo by US Secretary of State Michael Pompeo.
“The US administration will continue to invest in genuine and sustainable peace between Israel and Palestine. We are committed to our work,” he said. At the same time, speaking of the issue of Middle East settlement, he focused his speech on the policies and problems of Israel.
“It is already clear that the US has always supported Israel’s right to self-defence, including against the aggressive adventurism of the Iranian regime, and we will continue to guarantee Israel’s defences, “he said
He added: “President Trump has fulfilled his promise to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and transfer the embassy there”.
Meanwhile, after the United States moved its diplomatic mission to Jerusalem last May, the Palestinian authorities refused to recognize the US as a participant in the Middle East settlement process.
The further confrontation between Palestine and the US forced Donald Trump to cut finances to the UN Middle East Agency for Palestine Refugees Assistance and Work Organization (UNRWA), which plays an important role in supporting the residents of Palestinian territories.
More News at EurAsian Times
- Indian Military Base in Vietnam To Protect Hanoi’s Territorial Interest
- Indian Military Base in Sabang can Strangle China at the Strait of Malacca
- Saudi Money, US Weapons, Israeli Intelligence Fuelling Arab NATO – Iran
- Will Ayni Airbase in Tajikistan Become India’s 1st Overseas Military Base?
- Indonesia Opens Another Military Base at Natuna Islands To Counter Aggressive China