Indian Army’s officers may not be able to attend courses or crucial meetings on daily basis. This move came in wake of Indian Army’s shortage of funds for travel and accommodation. Approximately 4,000 crore rupees is spent every year for these purposes.
The Principal Controller of Defence Accounts said that due to insufficient funds available under Temporary Duty and Permanent Duty heads of Army officers, no TA/DA advances and claims can be processed till receipt of sufficient funds under the relevant heads. However, the facility for Leave Travel Concession (LTC) will continue.
The officials explained saying, ” At any given time more than 1,000 officers move to and fro on temporary duty. Earlier, while proceeding they could withdraw in advance more than 60 to 70 percent of the likely total expenses and later submit the bills. That facility was withdrawn sometime back”.
Earlier, officers used to travel on their own and later claim allowances. The latest order will not permit all these expenditures.
Moreover, this order has come months after the Army officers were asked to avoid staying in hotels and instead lodge at Army guesthouses while on temporary duty or official visits. The Officers as per their ranks were allowed to stay in three-star or five-star hotels. The directive to refrain from doing so was issued to bring down the expenses.
More News at EurAsian Times
- Indian Military Base in Vietnam To Protect Hanoi’s Territorial Interest
- Indian Military Base in Sabang can Strangle China at the Strait of Malacca
- Saudi Money, US Weapons, Israeli Intelligence Fuelling Arab NATO – Iran
- Will Ayni Airbase in Tajikistan Become India’s 1st Overseas Military Base?
- Indonesia Opens Another Military Base at Natuna Islands To Counter Aggressive China