To bolster India-Nepal relations and border cooperation, the Indian SSB and Nepal armed forces committed to enhance border security and intelligence sharing to keep a watch over trans border crimes. A delegation from the Nepalese forces concluded its 4-day visit to India on Friday.
- Have China, India Join Hands To Keep Christianity Out of Nepal?
- Bhutan Gets 15 Times More Aid from India Than Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka
India and Nepal share 1751 kilometres of porous border between them which is vulnerable to trans border crimes and infiltrations. As per EurAsian Times report, the two nations have pledged to have a mechanism for timely sharing of intelligence inputs with each other. The Armed Police Force of Nepal held crucial talks with India’s Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) in New Delhi during the former’s visit.
As per officials, the prime objective of holding this meeting was to ensure an enhanced cooperation and coordination between the two forces on either side of the India-Nepal border. Other issues tabled included human trafficking, forward and backward linkages, border security and other measures to consolidate sanctity and security along the border. India and Nepal have traditionally enjoyed cordial political and diplomatic ties with each other.
The two sides also pledged to hold regular meetings to keep the coordination healthy. The meeting between the two sides also emphasised on the need to share timely information among them so that they can manage border security and respective national securities between. The next round of meeting between the border guarding forces will be held in Nepal later this year.
India and Nepal are also working on establishing railway links between them. The work is in the initial phase and operations on the cross-border railway network may begin soon. Both India and China have shown a great interest in investing in Nepal to have the nation by their side. Nepal has been a matter of tug of war for India and China, as both nations hope to emerge as the greatest superpower of the Asian continent.
More News at EurAsian Times
- Indian Military Base in Sabang can Strangle China at the Strait of Malacca
- Saudi Money, US Weapons, Israeli Intelligence Fuelling Arab NATO – Iran
- Can China’s J-20 or Russian SU-57 Really Match the US F-22 Raptor?
- How is Al-Qaeda Recruiting Kashmiri Militants for Ghazwa-e-Hind Plan for India?
- India Check Mates China in Sri Lanka with Airport Deal Next to Hambantota Port