After the meeting between heads of intelligence agencies of China, Russia, Iran and Pakistan, Iran’s Army Chief is set to visit Pakistan, as both the nations agreed to counter the threat of ISIS emanating from Afghanistan. More than 135 people were recently killed in Balochistan, Pakistan when ISIS carried out a suicide bomb blast during an election rally.
- Why is the Presence of ISIS in Afghanistan a Big Threat to Pakistan and Iran?
- Iran, China, Pakistan & Russian Spy Chiefs Meet to Discuss ISIS in Afghanistan
Chief of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces Major General Mohammad Baqeri is set to visit with his high ranking delegation upon the invitation of his Pakistani counterpart General Qamar Javed Bajwa, according to Iranian Press TV.
Iranian and Pakistani officials will be discussing the development of bilateral relations, defence ties, border security, combating terrorism as well as the developments across the region.
General Bajwa visited Tehran last November after 10 Iranian border guards were massacred by Pakistani Militants in the southeastern Iranian province of Sistan and Baluchistan, bordering Pakistan. The forthcoming visit by General Baqeri is also supposed to evaluate the progress made in the implementation of the agreements reached between Pakistan and Iran during General Bajwa’s visit.
Presence of ISIS a Big Threat to Pakistan and Iran
As reported by EurAsian Times earlier, dreaded terrorist organization ISIS (Islamic State), also called Daesh has set up its base in Afghanistan and threatens to target both Iran and Pakistan just like Syria and Iraq. But who is backing ISIS to attack Pakistan and Iran?
According to Pakistan Media, Express Tribune, a senior Iranian official warned Pakistan delegates that Tehran has ‘confirmed intelligence that the US has relocated ISIS and its leader Abu Bakar Baghdadi to Afghanistan. The Iranian official warned that US and Israel are conspiring to turn Pakistan and Iran into another Syria.
More News at EurAsian Times
- Indian Military Base in Sabang can Strangle China at the Strait of Malacca
- India-US 2+2 Dialogue: India Needs to choose Between US and Russia
- Is Saudi-UAE Alliance Working to Weaken the Gulf Cooperation Council?
- From Asia to Africa, India-Japan Defence Partnership Aggressively Countering China
- Will Indian Army Get a Free Hand in Kashmir post PDP-BJP Divorce?